From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Moving unmaintained packages to Sunrise
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:07:38
1 If you start moving maintainer-needed package on Sunrise then Sunrise will
2 end up as a garbage collector overlay having many many ebuilds that nobody
3 will actually maintain. If you care about maintainer-needed package then
4 step up and proxy maintain it. The delay ( which is not that big if you
5 cooperate with an active developer/herd ) might be a drawback but still... I
6 don't want sunrise to become a place where abandoned ebuilds will end up.
7