From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HEADS UP: Twitching to un-arch-mask Apache2
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:15:58
1 Donny Davies wrote:
2 > In a perfect world there'd be no issues at all, and this email
3 > wouldnt be required. Having said that, I encourage you all to
4 > install Apache2, migrate your configuration and leave Apache1
5 > behind. Basically this is your opportunity to provide feedback,
6 > an advanced warning, as it were.
7
8 Hello
9
10 I'd like to say that I wholeheartedly support this move. Having had a
11 fair share of issues with getting PHP to work with Apache2 resulting
12 from mistakes that I was making, all is now working perfectly well
13 thanks to robbat2. Unmasking apache2 will not only eradicate the
14 somewhat unusual practice of masking for the purpose of being a
15 development branch and will considerably cut down administrating both
16 releases and their problem free coexistence. As regarding, conforming
17 to specifications of other distros as far as I know Gentoo is the first
18 that I've come across that has made it so very easy to get Apache2 and
19 PHP working amongst other things. By taking such leaps they not only
20 set new trends in the market but also provide an exemplary lead to the rest.
21
22 Many thanks
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list