From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: goodyea@×××××××.edu
Cc: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New local use flag for arts: artswrappersuid
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 16:51:16
1 On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 15:48, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > > > > I'm adding a new local use flag for kde-base/arts: artswrappersuid. It
3 > > > > sets artswrapper suid root, which allows artsd (kde's sound server) to
4 > > > > run with realtime priority and avoid skips and clicks, but it's a
5 > > > > security hazard, so it's off by default.
6 >
7 > If we're going to go the USE flag route, how about a generic "suid"
8 > flag, then, instead of a local USE flag. I know this issue either
9 > can or does occur for more than one package.
10
11 Does make sense, as adding support for one package will bring request
12 for the others we do not suid by default.
17 Martin Schlemmer
18 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
19 Cape Town, South Africa