From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Useless USE flags again..? NTP.
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:28:02
1 On Sun, 2004-04-25, 00:25:28 +0100, in
2 <ABBE66C2-9646-11D8-9462-000A95795F3E@××××××××××××××××××.uk>, Stroller
3 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > Can anyone tell me what the parse-clocks USE-flag to net-misc/ntp
5 > does, please..?
6 >
7 > "parse-clocks - Add parse clock support" would seem to be a redundant
8 > description, and a good old Google for "what is parse-clocks" doesn't
9 > seem to help.
10 >
11 > The best I can guess is that "parse-clocks - only if you have esoteric
12 > hardware" might be a better description. Is that the case..?
13
14 USE="parse-clocks" sets the "--enable-parse-clocks" option to
15 `configure`, which causes configure to "include all suitable PARSE
16 clocks". A better description might be in order. Let us know when you
17 have a good one. I'm personally interested, as setting up an ntp client
18 on my machine is rapidly rising to the top of my future-projects list.
19
20 # emerge --fetchonly ntp
21 # tar -xzf $DISTDIR/ntp-*.tar.gz
22 # cd ntp-*
23 # ./configure --help | less
24 # less README*
27 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
28 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
29 --Ghost in the Shell