From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Looking to improve our infrastructure for EU users/devs
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:15:19
1 Folks --
2
3 One of the things I'd like to do is to improve our infrastructure in Europe
4 so that we may be better able to support EU users and developers.
5
6 I've secured 5-10Mbps of high quality bandwidth, along with rackspace for
7 5-10U of servers. Now, we just need hardware to utilize it.
8
9 Since many of you are in the IT field for your day jobs, I figured I'd see
10 if any of you work for a company or know of someone that might be willing
11 to sponsor a server for our use. We can use some older hardware, but our
12 biggest need right now is for newer (2GHz+, 1GB+ RAM or equivalent)
13 hardware that can fully utilize all the bandwidth we have available to us.
14
15 In return, Gentoo will work with your company to help promote them through
16 various methods such as mention on our sponsors page, short feature
17 articles in the GWN and other alternatives.
18
19 If you have any questions or are interested in more information, drop me an
20 email or catch me on IRC. (because of shipping costs, import duties and
21 general hassle associated with international transport, I'd really prefer
22 that the hardware be sourced from the EU)
23
24 --kurt