From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (Package Request): Nautilus2
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 06:18:26
1 begin quote
2 On 30 May 2002 13:31:36 +0300
3 Dan Naumov <jago@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Hey
6 >
7 > It'd be very nice if Nautilus2 was avaible through the portage system.
8 > I would probably write an ebuild myself, but so far I've only made 2
9 > and I feel I am not up to the task of creating an ebuild(s) for such a
10 > big program with so many dependancies. Nautilus2 is now the "official"
11 > Gnome2 filemanager and as such, it would be very nice to have it for
12 > the Gnome users.
13 >
14 > Sincerely,
15 > --
18 This is a case where you should have looked at whats in portage before
19 you ask, Nautilus (2) as you put it is part of the Gnome2 tree, and thus
20 actually is included in portage. you just need to unmask it and use it
21 :)
22
23 Its current version is something around 1.1.18
24
25 Also included goodies are eog gedit gthumb gnumeric (1.1.5) gftp ggv
26 pan gimp xchat mrproject and glade .. this is not counting the core
27 gnome2
28
29 please, those of you who have the time, Find the missing Gnome2 "ready"
30 stuff and prepare a package, we can then complete this collection :)
31
32 Some general notes about Nautilus for Gnome2 :
33 * Its fast. far faster than Gnome1
34 * It does not include a kitchensink, nor does it require mozilla
35 * if you want it to browse the web for you, you have to explicitly
36 tell it to use nautilus-gtkhtml
37 * it can use FAM for speedups: rc-update add fam default
38 * you can tell it not to take over your desktop. (Nautilus settings )
39
40 Regards,
41 Spider,
42 Gentoo Gnome2 Maintainer,
43 Gnome Packaging Project
47 begin .signature
48 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
50 end