From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xserver ebuilds
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:53:53
1 On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 09:46, Markus Nigbur wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:36:48 -0600
3 > Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
6 > > > Hi everyone,
7 > > > I recently finished putting together some ebuilds for freedesktop's
8 > > > xserver (formerly known as kdrive).
9 > > >
10 > > > People have been bugging me about them like crazy, so here they are:
11 > > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/overlay-freedesktop/
12 > >
13 > > What are the advantages to this as opposed to the standard X?
14 >
15 > True transparency for one (alias translucent windows).
16
17 The size of all the libraries, xserver and the compositing manager
18 totals ~10MB. (Note this does not include fonts.)