From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:15:29
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:03:50PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Meanwhile, also note that there's PARTLABEL, PARTUUID and ID, that the > mount manpage promises to honor. I've not used these myself, but there > was a thread on the btrfs list discussing GPT format and users of its > partition-labels (as opposed to filesystem labels), that pointed out that > mount honors these, since it internally uses the udev symlinks mechanism > to support (fs) labels, etc, so they get support for gpt-partition- > labels, etc, essentially "for free".
What manpage are you reading? # man 8 mount |grep PART # man 2 mount |grep PART Nada. When the blkid tool can read PARTUUID/PARTLABEL, then it will just work with genkernel, as we use blkid for doing that. -- Robin Hugh Johnson Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead E-Mail : robbat2@g.o GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85