From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:15:29
1 On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 11:03:50PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Meanwhile, also note that there's PARTLABEL, PARTUUID and ID, that the
3 > mount manpage promises to honor. I've not used these myself, but there
4 > was a thread on the btrfs list discussing GPT format and users of its
5 > partition-labels (as opposed to filesystem labels), that pointed out that
6 > mount honors these, since it internally uses the udev symlinks mechanism
7 > to support (fs) labels, etc, so they get support for gpt-partition-
8 > labels, etc, essentially "for free".
9 What manpage are you reading?
10 # man 8 mount |grep PART
11 # man 2 mount |grep PART
12 Nada.
13
14 When the blkid tool can read PARTUUID/PARTLABEL, then it will just work
15 with genkernel, as we use blkid for doing that.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85