From: Jonathan Rippy <jonathan.rippy@×××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ccache (compiler cache)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:48:22
1 I posted this a while back and I never saw any response from
2 the Gentoo team. Well, there is now a new version of compiler
3 cache called ccache and it is available at http://ccache.samba.org
4
5 From the first paragraph of said webpage:
6
7 "ccache is a compiler cache. It acts as a caching pre-processor to
8 C/C++ compilers, using the -E compiler switch and a hash to detect
9 when a compilation can be satisfied from cache. This often results
10 in a 5 to 10 times speedup in common compilations."
11
12 I feel this would be a boon to the Gentoo system. I'm hoping someone
13 on the Gentoo team can check this out and see if it would make sense
14 to have the ebuild system able to use this.
15
16 Thanks.
19 jonathan rippy