From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: {bi,multi}arch support for all x86/amd64/ppc/sparc systems
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 03:35:09
1 On Wednesday 07 December 2011 21:12:37 Duncan wrote:
2 > 1) Will this allow building grub from amd64/no-multilib, thus avoiding
3 > having to have grub-static? That's the one thing I don't like about no-
4 > multilib, having to use the pre-built grub-static.
5
6 grub needs a C library to link `grub`. at that point, you have multilib.
7 that's the only difference between the two profiles: one has a multilib
8 glibc/gcc and one does not.
9
10 > 3) One thing I very much like about no-multilib is the shorter gcc (and
11 > glibc) builds. This will kill that (for gcc), right?
12
13 no. please re-read what i said: this is not multilib.
14 -mike