From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] colon separated variables in /etc/env.d/
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:05:34
1 On Monday 11 September 2006 03:44, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > Portage currently has two hard-coded lists of variables that control
5 > the behavior of env-update. I'd like to make these variables
6 > configurable so that package maintainers have direct control over
7 > them. The variables break down into two basic types: colon
8 > separated and space separated.
9 >
10 > What is the best way to propagate information about these two
11 > variable types? For example, we can have a list of variable names
12 > stored in a new variable called "COLON_SEPARATED" that will reside
13 > in either the profiles or /etc/env.d/ itself. Variable names not
14 > listed in COLON_SEPARATED can be assumed to be space separated.
15 > Does anyone have any ideas to share about how this information
16 > should be propagated?
17
18 There should also be a third list (or the absense of inclusion in the above).
19 That is those variables that can only have one value and are overridden
20 instead of appended.
21
22 Paul
25 Paul de Vrieze