From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] ACCEPT_RESTRICT for questionable values of RESTRICT
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 01:16:55
1 On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 07:12:00PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:42:20 +0100 Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o>
3 > | With ACCEPT_RESTRICT=-fetch, you tell it you don't want packages with
4 > | RESTRICT=fetch, so portage /should/ complain regardless of whether the
5 > | sources are available.
6 >
7 > Which is my point -- that's a stupid thing to request. A sensible thing
8 > to request would be "mask anything that will require me to fetch
9 > something manually".
10
11 It's not a stupid thing to request to install only packages that allow
12 you to emerge -e world if / gets corrupted.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list