From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] We need *you* for a USE="selinux" dependency
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:54:55
On Sunday 04 December 2011 15:35:50 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Since there are quite a few packages that would need updates, I thought > about first mailing gentoo-dev for feedback and perhaps a first chunk of > work done. I also wouldn't mind creating bugreports for each of them, but > that would still be best done after having mailed gentoo-dev ;-)
i generally don't want to see bug reports that say "please add IUSE=selinux to XXX package and add 'selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-XXX )' to *DEPEND". if selinux wants policies pulled in by packages based on USE=selinux, and that's the only change needed, then feel free to commit the change yourself for any toolchain / base-system / vapier package. probably easiest to skip the revbump and just commit to existing packages since selinux has been deadish for quite sometime :P.
> games-board/aisleriot sec-policy/selinux-games
i don't see why this game is singled out. if you have a selinux policy for all games, then it sounds like we should add this logic to games.eclass.
> net-im/climm sec-policy/selinux-games
you sure about that one ? this isn't a game (unless you count all forms of IM a "game" :p). and yes, this list really really should have been sent through `sort` -mike