From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] We need *you* for a USE="selinux" dependency
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:54:55
1 On Sunday 04 December 2011 15:35:50 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Since there are quite a few packages that would need updates, I thought
3 > about first mailing gentoo-dev for feedback and perhaps a first chunk of
4 > work done. I also wouldn't mind creating bugreports for each of them, but
5 > that would still be best done after having mailed gentoo-dev ;-)
6
7 i generally don't want to see bug reports that say "please add IUSE=selinux to
8 XXX package and add 'selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-XXX )' to *DEPEND". if
9 selinux wants policies pulled in by packages based on USE=selinux, and that's
10 the only change needed, then feel free to commit the change yourself for any
11 toolchain / base-system / vapier package. probably easiest to skip the
12 revbump and just commit to existing packages since selinux has been deadish
13 for quite sometime :P.
14
15 > games-board/aisleriot sec-policy/selinux-games
16
17 i don't see why this game is singled out. if you have a selinux policy for
18 all games, then it sounds like we should add this logic to games.eclass.
19
20 > net-im/climm sec-policy/selinux-games
21
22 you sure about that one ? this isn't a game (unless you count all forms of IM
23 a "game" :p).
24
25 and yes, this list really really should have been sent through `sort`
26 -mike