From: Ben Skeggs <darktama@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X update
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:34:43
1 Am Freitag, den 09.12.2005, 23:12 +0000 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
2 > 2) Users with no X installed will pull in the virtual/x11 package
3 > because there is no longer a default virtual.
4 A user in #gentoo-amd64 ran into issues with this that I reproduced in a
5 chroot. On a new install, with no X installed you end up with messages
6 saying that virtual/x11 is blocking x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6.
7
8 ie, Here's what happens when you attempt to merge aterm:
9 http://members.iinet.net.au/~darktama/aterm_merge.log
10
11 I'm not an expert, but the xorg-x11 ebuild has "!virtual/x11" in
12 DEPEND/RDEPEND, could this be why?
13
14 > I hope that covers pretty much everything right now.
15 When porting ebuilds to modular, how do we intend on handling the other
16 x11 virtuals in DEPEND/RDEPEND? I'm assuming that we modify it so that
17 the modular dependencies depend directly on media-libs/mesa etc, and
18 leave virtual/opengl as the alternative?
19
20 Or should I just wait until the real virtual/{opengl,xft,glu,glut}
21 ebuilds exist before touching packages that need them?
24 > Thanks for your patience,
25 > Donnie
26 Thanks for your work on this!
27 Ben.