From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cscope ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:57:45
1 Anupam Kapoor <anupamk@×××××××××.net> writes:
2 > ok. got the fix. the problem was that for installing
3 > 50xcscope-gentoo.el, we were using a doins instead of using the normal
4 > 'elisp-site-file-install'. also we should have used elisp-install for
5 > installing the *.el[c] files. the changes fix the problem.
6
7 > two questions:
8 > 1. how do i send the changes back ?
9
10 No need. I made these changes (and bumped revision) in CVS. The
11 changes should be visible via rsync in approximately a half-hour.
12
13 > 2. in site-start.el, there seems to be an inconsistency in the way
14 > the site files are added to the load-path. for some cases, we have
15
16 > (setq load-path
17 > (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dircolors" load-path))
18
19 > and for other cases we have
20
21 > (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/htmlize")
22
23 > shouldn't we be doing either of the two ?
24
25 Since these two methods are functionally equivalent, this is not very
26 critical. Furthermore, I believe we will be revamping the site file
27 management system sometime soon.
30 Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list