From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC/announcement] Reviewers project
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:20:16
1 On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:23 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 10/12/2015 04:12 PM, Ian Delaney wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:47:19 +0200
4 >> hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 10/12/2015 03:29 PM, Ian Delaney wrote:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> Not sure how to read this. The whole idea is for provider / client
9 >>>> to communicate and negotiate a workable solution. At a glance this
10 >>>> reads as the user needs to adapt to the service that the client is
11 >>>> offering and appease the provider. What's wrong with this picture?
12 >>>>
13 >>>> How exactly may I ask does anyone actually offer help to the
14 >>>> Reviewers project whose whole aim it seems is to help all us who
15 >>>> cannot write ebuilds right?
16 >>>>
17 >>>
18 >>> Nowhere did way say that people cannot write ebuilds, nor did we
19 >>> impose that picture. That all happened in your own mind.
20 >>>
21 >>
22 >> Yes Julian. Neither did I Julian. I said 'who cannot write ebuilds
23 >> RIGHT'. Please stop taking words out of my mouth and distorting my
24 >> message.
27 > I'm not a native speaker and people have more than once told you that
28 > your language is difficult to understand.
29 >
30 > So, can you elaborate what your sarcastic (that's how I read it)
31 > anecdote was meant for then? Preferably off-list, since this doesn't
32 > seem to help any of us.
33
34 I am a native speaker and I cannot understand what he's saying, for
35 what it's worth.
36
37 I think he's indicating that the "right" in his earlier message was
38 indicative of sarcasm, and so then he chides you for responding to his
39 sarcastic message without knowing it was sarcasm. The absurd thing is
40 that he then says "Please stop taking words out of my mouth and
41 distorting my message" (which of course you weren't doing), which was
42 *precisely* what he was doing.
43
44 In another subthread I really got the sense that he's simply
45 attempting to provoke a response. I suggest not giving him that.