From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 11:45:19
1 There is a template library called Eigen I would like to add to the tree. It
2 is a dependency of an application I would like to add shortly. It will also
3 end up being a dependency of KDE 4 (for kalzium). My question relates to the
4 licence the code is released under.
5
6 It is licenced under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later with the following
7 exception,
8
9 // As a special exception, if other files instantiate templates or use macros
10 // or inline functions from this file, or you compile this file and link it
11 // with other works to produce a work based on this file, this file does not
12 // by itself cause the resulting work to be covered by the GNU General Public
13 // License. This exception does not invalidate any other reasons why a work
14 // based on this file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.
15
16 Please see http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/ for more details. My question is
17 whether this requires a new licence to be added to the tree, listing it under
18 GPL-2 and then installing a copy of the modified licence or something I have
19 not thought of?
20
21 Thanks,
22