From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@××××××××.com>
To: Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-sparc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ruby-1.8.0-r1, -DGC_MALLOC_LIMIT=..., etc.
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 22:50:43
1 I have started some builds to do some testing for you, as
2 you requested. It'll be a few days before I have any useful
3 feedback.
4
5 However, on one note, yesterday I mentioned that it would be
6 nice if I could pass in a redefinition of the gc heap space size.
7 With the ruby-1.8 build, at least, this time around something
8 like
9 CFLAGS='-DGC_MALLOC_LIMIT=32000000 -O3 -mcpu=ultrassparc -pipe' \
10 emerge ....
11 does this for me. Either something has changed, or I last time
12 I just dreamed that I had tried this. Either way, it does what
13 I need.
14
15 Regards,
18 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@××××××××.com>