From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: dev-util/wxglade/files/, dev-util/wxglade/
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:50:53
1 On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, L, 18.02.2017 kell 19:47, kirjutas Michał Górny:
3 >> commit: 7207a292b2591dde5cbd336470bed3c11617a8e1
4 >> Commit: Michał Górny <mgorny <AT> gentoo <DOT> org>
5 >> CommitDate: Sat Feb 18 19:47:25 2017 +0000
6 >> URL: https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=7207
7 >> a292
8 >>
9 >> dev-util/wxglade: python-single-r1, EAPI=6
10 >
11 > While I appreciate work done to do this conversion finally, what was
12 > the reason to bypass the maintainers after being explicitly told on IRC
13 > to not do so?
14 > Since when have we entered a free-for-all state of maintenance in
15 > Gentoo?
16 > I would like to know the state of affairs, so I know for future
17 > reference what can I expect and what I can do to packages that I do not
18 > explicitly maintain either.
19 >
20 > And yes, I am aware there was a pending bump request for a couple
21 > years. I'm still dealing with backlog after getting back to tree
22 > maintenance.
23 >
24 > Mart Raudsepp,
25 > thoroughly confused about current maintenance policies
28 At some point, if the maintainer isn't doing his job, he gets
29 bypassed. Especially when dealing with a conversion like python.eclass
30 where few people know or care how it works. If we waited for
31 individual maintainers it will never get done.
32
33 Unless you have some reason to slow him down, please get out of his
34 way and let him work.