From: Eric Noack <eric.noack@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage can't find gcc
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:45:12
1 Am Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:31:23 -0800
2 schrieb Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>:
3
4 > Hi All,
5 >
6 > I have a gentoo 1.4 server that I left running for a while (many
7 > months) without a rsync or update for a while due to having some
8 > broken libraries. I fixed the libs, managed to get an rsync to work
9 > and then did an emerge -u world which seemed to work fine until it
10 > updated gcc (i think, but this seems like the most obvious problem).
11 >
12 > I figure it's an environment problem as I was having problems with not
13 > being able to find libstdc++, which was solved by adding the
14 > appropriate directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well.
15 >
16 > Now it looks like the environment is out of whack or else portage
17 > ignore environment settings as I went through and manually inserted
18 > the paths in /etc/env.d/gcc/ and can run gcc from the command line,
19 > but whenever I try to emerge I get an error about not being able to
20 > find gcc.
21 >
22 > Are the paths or environment specified differently for portage or is
23 > there something else I have to manually update to get this working
24 > again?
25 >
26 > --
27 > burton samograd kruhft@×××××××××××××.org
28 > http://kruhftwerk.dyndns.org
32 Its a known bug, look in bugzilla about gcc (dunno the bug id anymore) theres a workaround to fix
33
34 the reason is gcc-config being installed but not there.
35 how that comes i dunno,
36
37 after having portage working again, re-emerge gcc-config and then gcc,
38 or you will have future problems ( had this on 2 systems)
39
40 the short time workaround is to save /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1 to somewhat else and link the 3.2.1 dir to 3.2.2.
41 emerge will then work again, to re-emerge gcc-config and gcc but dont forget to erase the link and copy the old dir back.
42 some old progs may need the .so s there ;)
45 have fun
46
47 CvC
50 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list