From: Eric Noack <eric.noack@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage can't find gcc
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:45:12
Am Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:31:23 -0800
schrieb Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>:

> Hi All, > > I have a gentoo 1.4 server that I left running for a while (many > months) without a rsync or update for a while due to having some > broken libraries. I fixed the libs, managed to get an rsync to work > and then did an emerge -u world which seemed to work fine until it > updated gcc (i think, but this seems like the most obvious problem). > > I figure it's an environment problem as I was having problems with not > being able to find libstdc++, which was solved by adding the > appropriate directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well. > > Now it looks like the environment is out of whack or else portage > ignore environment settings as I went through and manually inserted > the paths in /etc/env.d/gcc/ and can run gcc from the command line, > but whenever I try to emerge I get an error about not being able to > find gcc. > > Are the paths or environment specified differently for portage or is > there something else I have to manually update to get this working > again? > > -- > burton samograd kruhft@×××××××××××××.org > http://kruhftwerk.dyndns.org >
Its a known bug, look in bugzilla about gcc (dunno the bug id anymore) theres a workaround to fix the reason is gcc-config being installed but not there. how that comes i dunno, after having portage working again, re-emerge gcc-config and then gcc, or you will have future problems ( had this on 2 systems) the short time workaround is to save /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1 to somewhat else and link the 3.2.1 dir to 3.2.2. emerge will then work again, to re-emerge gcc-config and gcc but dont forget to erase the link and copy the old dir back. some old progs may need the .so s there ;) have fun CvC -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list