From: Peter <sw98234@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: seeds, GLEPs, and projects
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:58:08
1 On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:06:16 -0400, Mike Kelly wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
4 > "Peter" <sw98234@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> That's a laugh! Problem is that no devs seem to get approved in a
7 >> timely fashion. And, any potential devs would be rather turned off by
8 >> the goings on here. You guys seem to try and stifle innovation at
9 >> every turn -- trying to turn Gentoo into GLEPtoo. Instead of
10 >> progress, you have arguments. Instead of innovation, you have
11 >> arguments. Instead of new blood, you lose people.
12 >
13 > Hi, not so. I've just joined on as a dev, my recruitment process
14 > happened in a timely fashion. After I passed all my quizzes, I became a
15 > dev. I think we also had at least 3 other new folks in the past few
16 > weeks, and maybe 1 person leaving.
17 >
18 Not timely. Incredibly fast. I've never seen a one week soup to nuts
19 developer approval. However, others still languish. See bz.
22 Peter
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list