From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 23:53:20
1 On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, anyone been thinking about this?  I have, and it's not pretty.
4 >
5 > Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about
6 > Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues?
7 >
8 > Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to
9 > sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that I've
10 > been wondering about.
11 >
12 > thanks,
13 >
14 > greg k-h
17 Pardon my ignorance, but will we be requires to sign the boot
18 loader/kernel on our install media for a Win8 machine to boot the iso?
21 Matthew W. Summers
22 Gentoo Foundation Inc.