From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:51:21
1 On Monday 24 November 2003 08:47, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Anything else breaks emerge's non-interactive nature, though I'm
3 > probably treading on thin ice here, since I'm pretty sure that the games
4 > stuff already uses some sort of interactive license checking (wouldn't
5 > know... I'm not a gamer)
6
7 I checked on that. The ebuilds use a new function in eutils that checks if the
8 specified license is in ACCEPT_LICENSES and outputs the license file to the
9 console if it (yes, it only supports one license) does not. After outputting
10 the license file, it asks for user acceptance and continues emerging if
11 accepted.
12
13 If the functionality is moved to portage then the ebuilds that use this
14 function will not break even if no changes are made to them.
15
16 Regards,
17 Jason
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list