From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Encouraging using hardening options in systemd units
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:05:23
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 10:29 AM Kenton Groombridge <concord@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 22/08/25 04:06PM, Florian Schmaus wrote:
4 > > Wouldn't the proper place for overrides installed by a distributions package
5 > > manager be
6 > >
7 > > /usr/lib/systemd/system/miniflux.service.d/gentoo.conf
10 > Yes... I was wondering that too. Currently systemd_install_serviced installs to
11 > /etc/systemd/system instead of /usr/lib/systemd/system appears to be wrong.
12 > systemd's own documentation says distributions should be installing contents to
13 > /usr/lib/systemd/system while /etc/systemd/system is intended for "System units
14 > created by the administrator" (users).
15
16 The existing function is meant to install "placeholder" drop-ins that
17 would be populated by the sysadmin.
18
19 We could introduce a new function to install distro-specific overrides
20 in [/usr]/lib/systemd/system.