From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] why is the security team running around p.masking packages
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 11:01:48
1 On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:52:46 AM JST, NP-Hardass wrote:
2 > On 07/05/2016 10:43 PM, Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:00:12 AM JST, Anthony G. Basile wrote: ...
4 >
5 > I think it is a little bit of a stretch to say that he's the only one to
6 > have an issue. Now, I've spoken with the parties involved, so my issue
7 > is resolved, but I had a package of mine bumped in the name of security
8 > without being pinged/consulted at all. I'm not attempting to point
9 > blame at anyone, but merely show that there are others who have been
10 > affected by security workflow sometimes going around the maintainer. I
11 > don't think there should be any harm in acknowledging that, and striving
12 > to make sure it doesn't happen in the future, where possible.
15 As discussed, that issue was not a security bug nor handled by the security
16 team. So it is irrelevant.