From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC Maintainer-Wanted Bugs/Cleaning]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:58:17
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Could we establish policies for closing them or leaving them to sit
3 > open?
4 >
5 > - Upstream dead, previously submitted URLs no longer functional (yes,
6 > there are actually some like this!).
7 > - No ebuild included.
8 > - Upstream says obsolete in favour of another package.
9 > - Dev notes obsolete in favour of another package - suggest it to the
10 > submitter, and see what they say.
11 > - Major unresolved security issues.
12 > - Excessive complexity / unsuitable for ebuild installs (eg apps that
13 > are meant to be built and run from the same directory).
14
15 More or less what I've been doing for past few months... Today, I've
16 also closed all ebuild requests 1+ year old w/ zero activity as CANTFIX,
17 asking the reporter to attach an ebuild. Bugs like "I'd like to see
18 foo/bar in portage, ktnxbye" don't need to sit in bugzilla for ages if
19 noone is interested, not really useful. (And - as mentioned before, some
20 automation of the process would be nice ;)
23 > At the same time, existing developers and teams should be encouraged to
24 > look at those under maintainer-wanted, and consider stuff there.
25 > I try to keep an eye out for app-backup and other fields that I'm
26 > involved in.
27
28 Also, please really close useless cruft when you come across it (see above).
32 Best regards,
33
34 Jakub Moc
35 mailto:jakub@g.o
36 GPG signature:
37 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
38 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
39
40 ... still no signature ;)