From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] virtual/os-headers and non-Linux
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:20:35
1 I don't really know what was behind virtual/os-headers versus
2 virtual/linux-headers or something like that.
3 I'm currently considering that, as sometimes you need to depend on some
4 version of linux headers, it might make sense to use a versioned virtual, but
5 that would make no sense for Gentoo/FreeBSD and other Gentoo/Alt systems.
6 So I'm asking if someone can summarize me why the os-headers virtual is named
7 this way and if we can get rid of that or at least implement another
8 virtual/linux-headers to use versioned that can also be used to make sure for
9 instance that packages requiring v4l2 are getting 2.6 headers (see the
10 problems with v4l/v4l2 on sparc).
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
14 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE