From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [warning] the bug queue has 100 bugs
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:12:29
1 On 10/31/2012 10:05 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 9:18 AM, <lists@×××××.de> wrote:
3 >> Maybe you should remember that non-devs simply /aren't allowed/ to
4 >> assign bugs correctly...
5 >>
6 >> And if you look closer into these bugs, you might discover that jer
7 >> instructed this guy to file separate bugs. (see #440178)
10 > Fair points, and clearly this wasn't malicious. I think we still want
11 > to find a better solution than logging dozens of bugs for the
12 > wranglers. Perhaps where there is a need we can give elevated privs
13 > in bugzilla to those running scripts who understand what they're
14 > doing. Or non-devs could ask a dev to run the script for them after
15 > review.
16
17 This would be nice anyway. I'm generally capable of reading metadata.xml
18 and determining whether or not to tag my bugs with e.g. STABLEREQ.
19
20 One less bug to wrangle.