From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] First version of the ebuildchecker.py
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 07:21:06
1 Hi gang.
2
3 I pooh-pooh'ed my leg the other day, but luckily woodchip was there with
4 his Everlasting Package of Kleenex. (Thanks).
5
6 That got me hacking, and now I have the first hacked version of an
7 ebuildchecker that tests for some of the most common booboos we tend to
8 do.
9
10 It is by no means complete. If this version of the ebuildchecker says that
11 everything is okay, it probably isn't.
12
13 Sample:
14 cd /usr/portage
15 ebuildchecker.py */*/*.ebuild
16
17 This one will test (nearly) all the ebuilds marking them as "OK" or "Not
18 OK", then generate a summary of the tests performed.
19
20 There are options for showing details on each ebuild.
21
22 If this turns out to be a good idea, I encourage you either to add more
23 tests (send patches) or suggest more tests (send concise descriptions,
24 preferrably with pseudocode if the idea is involved).
27 Kind regards,
28
29 Karl T

ebuildchecker.py application/octet-stream