From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:18:21
1 * Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> schrieb:
2
3 > Requiring policykit, let alone networkmanager and dbus as a default is
4 > not something I'd personally agree with as a sane choice. If you're
5 > trying to build *just* a desktop distro, sure, it's sane. We're not
6 > however, thus invalidating those options from where I'm sitting.
7
8 ACK. I'd never put any system into production which requires dbus,
9 no change.
10
11 Maybe I'll find some time to rewrite systemd w/ dbus.
12 The overall concepts seem very promising to me - quite the same
13 direction I'm planning to go into.
16 cu
17 --
19 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
21 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
22 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
23 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
24 http://patches.metux.de/