From: Anthony Gorecki <anthony@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Small irritation: Can people please stop sending their posts in duplicate...
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:33:35
1 On Monday, February 28, 2005 10:59 pm, D. Wokan wrote:
2 > The problem is in the lack of standardization between mailing lists.
3 > I've gotten used to just hitting reply-all instead of just reply because
4 > a number of lists I'm on don't set the reply-to header like the Gentoo
5 > lists do.
6
7 Even better, a good MUA may actually /obey/ the standards and send mail to
8 List-Post address when asked to reply to the list. Setting the Reply-To
9 header can be aggravating for many users. A sane mail client will generally
10 offer the following, with the required address computed in the order below:
11
12 Reply to mailing list: List-Post, To
13 Reply: From
14 Reply to all: (List-Post|To) && From