From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using unsermake instead of automake to speed up distcc
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 22:05:20
1 On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 01:02, Markus Nigbur wrote:
2 > On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:51:38 +1000
3 > Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to create a standalone unsermake
6 > > ebuild, however unsermake was a little unreliable last time I tried
7 > > it.
8 >
9 > Define unreliable, please.
10
11 Not every package would build successfully with unsermake, often failing
12 in different places. Switching back to a "normal" build process
13 everything worked. I don't have any quantitative evidence as to what
14 did and did not successfully build with unsermake as it was more of a
15 curiosity for me at the time and I had no intention of pushing it back
16 into portage.
19 Troy Dack Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
20 tad@g.o look around once in a while, you could miss out.
21
22 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
23 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C