From: Ben Sanchez <bensanchz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:47:34
1 Are you considering to replace the mediawiki with a different wiki system such
2 as moinmoin?
3
4 On Wednesday 12 November 2008 7:49:58 am Michael Hammer wrote:
5 > * Gokdeniz Karadag <gokdeniz@×××××××××××××.tr> [081112 13:06]:
6 > > Petteri Räty demis ki::
7 > > > Michael Hammer wrote:
8 > > > We should develop some kind of review process and at least the
9 > > > possiblity to lock and hide pages of poor quality. In the most cases
10 > > > the howtos are related to some herds. What if we have a "reviewed
11 > > > section" where herds can approve pages and user can be sure that the
12 > > > infos provided have a minimum of quality.
13 > > >
14 > > > We already have a reviewed section. It's called GDP.
15 >
16 > You're fully right! The GDP can therefore be the reviewed sections
17 > where documents from the wiki are transfered to.
18 >
19 > > The wiki can be a staging ground for user contributed documents, which
20 > > can become part of official docs after a review and cleanup by
21 > > developers.
22 >
23 > That's the way I intended my proposal. As some kind of early state GDP
24 > documents. It's an unwritten fact that user are willing to contribute
25 > to wiki systems - but I've never received an xml file for our GDP
26 > written by a user ;) ... The wiki can be the place to develop new
27 > howtos by disburding the devs - IMHO.
28 >
29 > g, mueli