From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: scons.eclass
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:20:01
1 On Monday, August 23, 2010 13:16:38 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:39:50 -0400 Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > i'm not sure caching the value and using it in between runs is a good
4 > > idea. unless you also cache the thing you're caching and compare it
5 > > to make sure your cache is no longer invalid.
6 > >
7 > > i.e. export _SCONSOPTS_MAKEOPTS=${MAKEOPTS}, and then on every escons
8 > > invocation, make sure ${MAKEOPTS} hasnt changed in which case you
9 > > need to regenerate it. or just avoid the cache altogether and leave
10 > > SCONSOPTS as a hook specific to scons.
11 >
12 > Can do, though I don't see a reason why anyone would mangle MAKEOPTS in
13 > a middle of an ebuild using SCons.
14
15 i agree, but you might as have it work properly in all cases instead of
16 flaking out randomly on ebuild authors. i think someone told me something
17 similar recently in a bug report about cvs.eclass ......
18
19 > PS Why don't your mails contain 'Reply-To' header like others do?
20
21 you can subscribe to a list but have delivery turned off
22 -mike