From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:52:52
1 On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:05:05AM -0600, Gabriel wrote:
2
3 > Yeah, everyone has an idea, but y'all are doing the work :) I do have a thought
4 > though. I got Debian Hurd running a couple of weeks ago, and it has come a long
5 > way. With the next iso bundle (Hurd-E1), I really think there could be a
6 > foundation for the first non-debian hurd release. Gentoo would be perfect.
7 > Especially if the base system only included FSF software. That's another
8 > thing I'd be interested in playing with.
9
10 A question -- could you give us a quick overview of the differences between HURD and
11 the Linux kernel? I'm curious about what new things HURD offers.
12
13 Best Regards,
16 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
17 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org