From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:34:02
1 On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:20:34 +0200
2 Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 06/17/10 05:24, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
5 > > Well, apart from explaining technical stuff[1] as in the example
6 > > above, we could obviously explain how our developers work, how much
7 > > most of them get payed for doing that, inform users of our services
8 > > what they can and cannot expect to get.
9 >
10 > It sounds a bit like if we explained ourselves we could continue as is
11 > instead of improving processes on our side. Maybe it would improve
12 > the whole situation a bit [... ]
13
14 Faced with users with little bug analysis/bug reporting/problem solving
15 skills who merely exclaim that something is wrong, there's obviously a
16 need to explain some of the basics. I guess that's not what this thread
17 was initially about. :)
18
19 > [ ...] but it pushes away resposibility to
20 > others and it wouldn't help developer to developer conflicts either.
21 > Maybe we can still make use of that idea.
22
23 I didn't intend to touch upon the subject of conflicts between
24 developers and I am not going to. What you set out to discuss was the
25 tone developers use that might scare away new users/developers.