From: Maciek BOROWKA <Maciej.BOROWKA@××××××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new ports and binary CDs
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:33:00
1 On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Gert Menke wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:38:09AM +0100, Maciek BOROWKA wrote:
4 >
5 > Not if it's mounted... ;-) (The same for /proc)
6
7 :+)
8
9 > Otherwise it should be empty (devfs).
10
11 I use devfs. I have of course all the structure of devices when it is
12 mounted. I believe however, there are some nodes that must exist
13 in /dev in order to let your system boot. I remember having some problems
14 with console devices and the kernel that didn't want to boot because
15 I didn't have the corresponding node in /dev. I added the node
16 and it worked.
17 So, please correct me if I'm wrong : there are some nodes in dev, used
18 by the kernel/init during boot process but as soon as devfsd is launched,
19 they get overwritten by devfs structure?
20
21 Sorry for off-topic...
22
23 /Maciek