From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:34:32
1 On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:15:15AM +0100 or thereabouts, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Please post feedback here. I'm hoping to submit this for approval soon.
3
4 As I've said before, I've got no objections to supporting the idea of blog
5 aggregators as long as they're going to be used. Can we put in the GLEP
6 something that acts as a measure of success? X people participating
7 "regularly" over Y months or something like that? (and, for the pedantic
8 among us, perhaps define "regularly" as "at least N posts per
9 week/month/whatever")
10
11 What I don't want to get into is a position where we have this app that we
12 have to maintain and support, but only a couple people actually use it.
13 That takes time and resources away from other things that folks might use
14 more.
15
16 With some agreed-upon metrics in place, we can revisit the app in Y months
17 and, if the numbers fall short, pull the plug at that time.
18
19 Also, can we count on you and Stuart to help with the intitial
20 configuration of the two packages? (planetplanet and wordpress)
21
22 --kurt