From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC-3.1/KDE 3.0.1
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 02:52:46
1 Howdy,
2
3 On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 18:39, Lars Pechan wrote:
4 > 1) The fam-oss library doesn't build. This is the File Alteration Monitor from
5 > SGI used by both KDE and Gnome I believe. The problem relates to a const
6 > member of a class not getting initialized (IIRC Scheduler.c++ lines 37 and
7 > 37).
8
9 Please submit a bug report on that one... it might also be related to
10 the following though:
11
12 > 2) HTDig (required by kdevelop) doesn't build. It craps out during configure
13 > complaining about
14 > missing libstdc++. I had a quick look and it looks for <fstream.h> to trigger
15 > whether there's a c++ library in place or not. That file does exist but
16 > possibly in a directory that isn't on the default search path. C++ standards
17 > call for the header to be called <fstream> and there is indeed an <fstream>
18 > in the /usr/include/g++-3.1/libstdc++ or thereabouts ;-).
19
20 Check that you don't have more than one gcc version installed. This
21 seems to come up a lot, and the reason usually turns out to be that more
22 than one gcc is installed. If it still craps out, please report in
23 bugzilla.
24
25 > I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this? There seems to
26 > be lots of people building gcc-3.1-systems...
27
28 Please check out package.mask, there are several gcc3.1 patches in there
29 which need to be tested before being unmasked.
30
31 Also, use a portage compiled with gcc 3.0.4 or 2.95.3... that works
32 around a known problem with sandbox/gcc3.1.
33
34 Also, if you get unresolved symbol issues with fam-oss, try a "make
35 mrproper" on your /sur/src/linux after backing up your .config. Then run
36 "make dep clean" after restoring your .config.
37
38 Keep the gcc3.1 issues coming :)
39
40 Matt