From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 4.1.1 testing/stablization and glibc 2.4
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 00:23:43
1 On Tuesday 27 June 2006 18:32, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > OK, guys, I was speaking with vapier earlier about the possibility of
4 > > getting gcc 4.1.1 stable for the 2006.1 release. We've managed to build
5 > > some release media with it, and are planning on doing more testing with
6 > > it. What we really need is for more people to test this on various
7 > > platforms and to get all of the bugs worked out that we can. We're
8 > > already ramping up our release cycle, and would like to get this
9 > > included, so we don't have to wait until 2007 for a release with >= GCC
10 > > 4.1 in it.
11 >
12 > That would be really cool. I'm already been testing both this and the
13 > glibc on the ~1500 packages installed on my x86, plus the Pegasos ppc
14 > and iBook I've got around. I'll do the same on sparc as soon as it shows
15 > up in ~arch there.
16
17 the trouble is we need these packages in arch now, not ~arch :)
18 -mike