From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Manifest2 hashes, take n+1-th
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 16:58:34
1 Hi,
2
3 So here's my proposed plan, after considering all the replies.
6 Immediately after accepting
7 ---------------------------
8
9 a. Revbump Portage to add pyblake2 dep (to ensure BLAKE2 is supported
10 on py<3.6) and request stabilizing this version.
11
12 b. Create a git update hook that rejects Manifest entries that contain
13 SHA512 only, to prevent a bug in current versions of Portage, that
14 causes it to skip BLAKE2 when no implementation is installed instead
15 of complaining [optional].
18 Now, let T = day when the new version is stable on amd64.
21 T + 7 days
22 ----------
23
24 Set:
25
26 manifest-hashes = BLAKE2B SHA512
27 manifest-required-hashes = SHA512
28
29 New Manifest entries will use the new hashes but Portage will keep the
30 old hash set whenever it would need to refetch old distfiles.
34 T + 3 months
35 ------------
36
37 Set:
38
39 manifest-required-hashes = BLAKE2B
40
41 Portage will now request updating hashes for all files, including
42 old distfiles. We will start proactively updating Manifests here,
43 and file bugs for fetch-restricted packages.
46 T + 6 months
47 ------------
48
49 All Manifests should use the new hashes by this time. The remaining
50 fetch-restricted packages should be last-rited.
53 T + 36 months
55
56 Set:
57