From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Stabilisation exceptions
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:09:55
1 On 01/27/2011 06:59 PM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > Adding ebuilds with noarch keyword must be preceded with:
3 > All ebuilds seeking to have this feature implemented must be discussed
4 > on #gentoo-dev mailing list and proven not having portability issues.
5
6 So instead of opening a bug for all arches, I post each new version of
7 php-doc to -dev? While I'm all for ~allarches, I see that the overhead
8 of *proving* to another party that my ebuild won't break is both
9 neccessary and absurd. Creating ~allarch packages should make things
10 easier, not harder.