From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Overlays and Metadata Cache
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:10:02
1 Just a FYI
2
3 On 20-06-2009 18:46:33 +0200, Patrick Lauer wrote:
4 > If I don't get distracted I might set up a proof of concept public
5 > rsync server providing the main repo plus all overlays I can throw in,
6 > but it'd have a low initial update frequency (6h to daily).
7
8 Note that the Prefix rsync tree is generated sort of like you described,
9 doing some extra voodoo of inserting news and glsas. An update takes
10 about 2 minutes, most time spent in running cvs update and svn update.
14 Fabian Groffen
15 Gentoo on a different level