From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla 4 migration
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 09:52:09
1 On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 11:55:31PM +0100, Christian Ruppert wrote:
2 > our Bugzilla (bugs.gentoo.org) will be unavailable for the next hours.
3 > We're going to migrate our old Bugzilla to Bugzilla-4.
4 > We expect our update to finish within the next hours.
5 All completed now. If you run into any problems, please file a new bug
6 under the Bugzilla product.
7
8 I'm sending this email as idl0r went to be after 8+ hours straight of
9 working on the new Bugzilla setup.
10
11 We apologize for this taking so extremely long.
12
13 Things didn't go so well at the database layer [1], and that hugely
14 increased the migration time.
15
16 The Gentoo for the Bugzilla service went perfectly, a huge thanks to
17 idl0r for the years of work he has put into them.
18
19 > Some notes:
20 > SSL is enabled by default now, so it's forced.
21 The forcing is temporarily disabled now until we fix a possible related
22 performance issue, per bug 357711.
23
24 Footnotes:
25 [1] We discovered a potential MySQL bug with replication, where the
26 slaves end up truncating mediumtext columns to 1024 characters when done
27 with REPLACE INTO and GROUP_CONCAT. Will pursue with upstream this week.
28 This was only noted with mk-table-checksum, and we decided to just redo
29 replication from the master that was used for introducing the schema
30 changes. This added 3.5 hours onto the end of the migration :-(.
33 Robin Hugh Johnson
34 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
35 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
36 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85