From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: media-libs/x265/
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 09:42:54
1 [...]
2 > > If I understand you correctly, we should just drop the USE="pic"
3 > > logic
4 > > from the remaining packages that have it? Or are you trying to say
5 > > something else?
8 [...]
9
10 > Note that having the 'pic' useflag should be considered something to
11 > be
12 > fixed: rewrite the asm in a PIC way. But these days nobody has the
13 > will
14 > to do it since this is mostly an issue on x86+pax, both being slowly
15 > decreasing.
18 As a side note on this: if USE=-pic has no textrel then obviously the
19 useflag should be removed. This can happen over time if we don't pay
20 enough attention.