From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Improve policy of stabilizations
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 03:34:35
1 2009-11-06 23:07:58 Zac Medico napisał(a):
2 > Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 > > On 06-11-2009 19:48:16 +0530, Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
4 > >> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
5 > >>> In the past when smaller arches were not that active we used to mark
6 > >>> Java packages stable after testing by at least one arch team. The
7 > >>> probability to find arch specific issues in something like Java is not
8 > >>> so high so I think arrangements like this are acceptable when the arch
9 > >>> teams have problems keeping up.
10 > >> I think the same should be extended to other languages such as Perl
11 > >> and Python (unless they have portions which are C/C++)
12 > >
13 > > Sounds like we could benefit from the "noarch" approach known in the RPM
14 > > world, such that all these packages can also be immediately keyworded
15 > > and stabilised for all arches. Would greatly simplify things for a
16 > > great deal of packages, maybe?
17 >
18 > We could introduce "noarch" and "~noarch" KEYWORDS, add "noarch" to
19 > the default ACCEPT_KEYWORDS setting for all profiles, and instruct
20 > unstable users to add "~noarch" to ACCEPT_KEYWORDS.
21
22 It seems to be a good idea, but I would prefer to use words "universal"
23 and "~universal" :) .
26 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis