From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:52:37
1 Offering a choice was always a very important thing in Gentoo.
2 Forcing the user into freesoftware will only make them switch.
3 The people who like that zealotery already use Debian anyway.
4
5 The choice is the most important thing for me.
6
7 Personaly i hate closed source stuff installed on my machine.
8 I dislike Nvidias binary only drivers and would never buy
9 hardware which requires me to use proprietary software.
10
11 That's my personal choice and not a reason to suggest ripping
12 out Nvidia drivers from Gentoo. The user should have the choice
13 to use it or not.
14