From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: justin <jlec@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: fortran-2.eclass to depend on virtual/fortran
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:20:29
1 On Sunday 07 October 2012 13:58:04 justin wrote:
2 > On 10/7/12 7:36 PM, Jonathan Callen wrote:
3 > > You cannot check the value of IUSE in global scope in an eclass, as at
4 > > least portage actually unsets it before sourcing an eclass (also, it
5 > > is not defined in PMS what value IUSE would have at that point).
6 >
7 > Regarding your first point I copied the behavior from the
8 > toolchain.eclass and I thought it would work. Testing it, I see you are
9 > right. Any suggestion how to check for a USE being IUSE in an eclass?
10
11 toolchain.eclass is testing its own IUSE which is why it works, not the IUSE
12 from ebuilds
13 -mike