From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] ACCEPT_RESTRICT for questionable values of RESTRICT
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:15:10
1 On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:55:44AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:41:27 +0100 Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | I don't think anyone was planning on encouraging people to mess with
5 > | ACCEPT_RESTRICT if it gets implemented.
6 >
7 > Implementing it *is* encouraging people to mess with it.
8
9 Just like people are encouraged to use FEATURES="noauto noclean"?
10 Implementing it is not encouraging people to mess with it.
11
12 As for the legitimate use, I won't try to convince you that there are
13 legitimate uses, but rather, even if it is silly, what does it matter to
14 you?
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list