From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:59:57
1 On 12/26/2012 05:39 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > I know, it should be easy, and I'm probably making excuses, but it boils
3 > down to
4 Well, it boils down to you needing an excuse ;)
7 > 1. People in Gentoo have asked me to/encouraged me to do the quizzes
8 > 2. I've tried several times
9 > 3. Still not there.
10 > 4. This problem is not so prevalent in the dozens of other projects I've
11 > contributed to.
12
13 If you tried several times you should have the notes from then, after a
14 few tries I expect you to reach full coverage of all questions at some
15 point ...
16
17 > As soon as Git migration is done, then I can just
18 >
19 > 1. Fork
20 > 2. Hack
21 > 3. Somebody can watch/review/cherry-pick commits I make if they like
22 > them, if not, I'm not worried.
23 >
24 > But the git part aside, back to the quiz.
25 >
26 Right now you can:
27
28 1) publish overlay
29 2) profit
30
31 I don't see how this is in any way related to the technology used - as a
32 maintainer I'd still have to review the changes, and the difference
33 between some git magic and some shell magic eludes me.
34
35 The more difficult part imo is finding someone to review, provide
36 feedback etc. - once you have that figured out the rest pretty much
37 happens by itself